At GenCon, I present a panel titled Introduction to Indie Game Design, where we hope to provide a host of resources for the panel attendees. This blogpost stands as a curated collection of resources for their use, and for anyone else who wants to get started in designing RPGs.
- A giant pile of resources on dropbox.
- Free and Professional RPGs for Game Designers
- Software Choices
- Scribus for Game Designers
- RPG Design Overview Sheet
- Basic Budgeting for RPG Publishing
- Design Geology
- Last, but certainly not least, I would like to recommend you check out the RPG Design Panelcast which is hosted on this site. There’s a heck of a lot of excellent information for you to enjoy brilliant minds.